Thursday, December 22, 2005

They see you when you're sleeping....

They know when you're awake.. They know if you've been BAD OR GOOD, so be good for goodness' sakes! Noooo, I'm not paranoid. I'm just kidding. I have just been kind of worked up over this whole background check thing, and the fact that it's been three months since I authorized it and still no word. So, today I decided to call the company and see if I could expedite the process or anything. The guy there said they've been done with it for well over a month. It is in my synod's hands now. I'm just wondering what the waiting is for? Maybe they're promoting patience as the wonderful virtue it is? Perhaps. Maybe they want to see me squirm! Ha. Well, now that I know that it's done and none of my references forgot to send it back or anything, I'm a little more at ease. Now I'm just wondering if they didn't like something that someone said or something. I don't know. I'm just slightly worried, but I know that I must trust God to nudge me the right way. I keep thinking about how Advent is the time of waiting and how we are such an instant-gratification society. Sometimes it is really great to wait. Sometimes, it can be extremely detrimental. Sometimes, most times, the waiting lies somewhere between those two poles. But still, I'm trying to be patient, knowing that good things, perhaps the best things, come to those who wait. Anyway.. Christmas is coming, therefore, my little buddy will be coming up! Yay! Hopefully I'm better by Sunday! I love that kid and I don't want to infect him with this whatever it is (I'm too cheap/stubborn to go to the doctor). So, if I don't post before then, Have a blessed, wonderful Christmas!

No comments: