Sunday, June 17, 2007

Racking my brain...

Wee. Mark tagged me for a meme, and because I'm disgusting from some exercise I just did, I figured I'd stink it up here in the dining room and do it! Here is the 8 random facts theme!

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

My Random 8 Facts!

1. I was the "short kid" in school until I was probably 17 years old. I was SO short that I had to sit on two Christmas Edition JC Penney catalogs when I was learning how to drive. Thankfully, I was down to one when I got my license, and soon thereafter, graduated to none! Thanks to the wonder of modern medicine, I grew 16 inches in 4 years.

2. At one point in my life, I wanted to become a doctor. To be specific, I wanted to be an endocrinologist (one who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of glandular disorders). However, my contempt for math and science led me away from that field.

3. When I was in junior high school, and even a little into high school, friends used to come to me for medical advice because of the previous fact. I correctly "diagnosed" a few medical maladies. I think I could do this because when I was sick from school, I oftentimes would read the medical encyclopedias we had in the foyer of our house. I was a complete dork. (and still am).

4. I hate being told what to do when I'm not asking for advice. I can get somewhat spiteful, which is one of my major flaws, when I believe people are stepping on me. I'm trying to stop this behavior because most of the time, people are just looking out for me.

5. I like working with my hands and getting dirty and sweaty. It's gross, I know, but something is contented within me when I have fixed something, or made something look nice. I will even take risks if I think I have a way out if my plan doesn't work. One example is my plumbing project when I installed the new kitchen faucet at my house a few years ago. I was thrilled when it worked. I also like weedwacking abandoned yards and I find it quite therapeutic.

6. I have never been on a plane to go somewhere (except in the air in order to jump out). When I tell people that I jumped out of the first airplane I was ever in, most people balk some. I laugh. But, one of these days, I'll take a trip requiring a flight.

7. I have an extremely bizarre laugh that makes other people start laughing with me. To go along with this laugh is a bizarre sense of humor. I laugh at weird stuff all the time, and I don't care. Even when I was a kid, I used to have "laugh attacks" and my "special" (I was smart) class had to take time out so I could compose myself. It's cool though.

8. The person I am today is not a thing like I was 6 years ago, and that's totally okay by me. I am glad for the change, even the trying times that have shaped me. Growth and change is a remarkable thing, especially when we can see it in our own lives.

So,I am going to tag Deb, Inheritor, Faith Love & Bandaids, and I need to get more blogging friends! Haha. If you read this and feel inclined to play along, just let me know, and I'll totally be all about reading your post.

No comments: