Friday, October 20, 2006

Random Thoughts

Actually, maybe they're not so random. But that's really kind of beside the point. I haven't posted much this week because, frankly, it's been a bad week. Yesterday, things were coming to a head emotionally for me with all that's been going on, and I was feeling frustrated, helpless, inferior, and all sorts of other emotions. I was sitting here praying and I said, "God, I really need some encouragement right now. Will you please give me some?" And all of a sudden, this verse popped into my head. "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10) I thought, "Gee, that's all well and good, but can't it be something more specific to my problems; something a little more encouraging to my specific plight?" And then this thought popped into my head that said, "What's more encouraging than knowing that the God of heaven and earth, of all that is, was, and ever will be, is in control? That God loves me so much that I don't have to be in control?" And ever since then, I've felt much better. Maybe that sounds trite, but to me, it's God working in me and answering prayer. And with faith and hope, I can know that God is God and has a plan. And that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
Amen