Monday, June 05, 2006

Summer break

Well, here I sit, enjoying my summer break. I've been out for a few weeks now, but it always takes a little while to wind down into true "Summer Break" mode. I still do all of my normal activities like work and church, but now, instead of school work, my time is occupied with yard work as well. Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of fun stuff too, but I keep busy. Gotta have something to keep me out of trouble, ya know? I was burning a big pile of wood the other day and I'm surprised I did not get a sunburn. You can hardly tell I was in the sun at all, which is rather unfortunate because I'm somewhat pasty. Ah well, what can you do? My two sisters were in Big Sis's pool yesterday and now they're both burned and they were only out there for two hours. I, on the other hand, was out doing yardwork for something like 5 hours the other day in my grimy old work clothes and I'm nary a shade darker. Ah well. Enough about that...

Thursday I'm leaving for Springfield for the Synod Assembly! I'm excited. We're all staying in a hotel and meeting in another hotel. One of the orders of business is to elect our synodical bishop. Our current bishop is finishing up his first six year term. I believe he runs a good chance at getting re-elected. I'm not exactly sure how that all works though, so we'll just have to see. I'll be gone until Saturday around 3:00 or so. I'm excited. Two days off of work and away from home sounds incredibly exciting to me. I haven't been away from home for more than a day since November 2004 when I went to "Considering Your Call" weekend in Iowa. Yes, I spend a lot of time at Big Sis's, but I always come home everyday to feed my dog and the likes. So, I'll either get Ma or Little Sis to feed my dog while I'm away. Ok, so, I think I'm going to go now. You all have a good day. The sun is shining and it's beautiful out there!

1 comment:

Darius said...

Sounds like a nice routine...