Thursday, October 22, 2009

Are you Kidding Me?

I just got off the phone with some lady who told me I had won $1000 dollars in grocery store coupons and a $40 gas coupon for grocery shopper appreciation month. I thought, "This is too good to be true." I was waiting for them to say, "But you have to buy yada yada yada" or something along those lines. The woman I was talking to said that my name had been randomly drawn because I had recently made a purchase at a grocery store in North Dakota.

Well, she had my address and the like, and we talked for maybe 5 minutes before she said, "Now, for us to send these cards to you, you just have to pay a one time shipping and handling fee of $6.95."

Seems to me, that if I "won" this, they could pay the S&H because I "won."

So, at this point, I said, "I think I'm going to opt out. This sounds too good to be true."

The woman said, "No, you just have to pay a one time fee of $6.95. That is all. And we will send this to you and you will have $1000 dollars to use on grocery purchases." I kept telling her that I wanted to pass, and she kept repeating the above words. Finally, I said, "I think I'm going to hang up the phone now. Choose someone else for the prize."

The woman? She replied, "Do you know what common sense is? Because if we're trying to give you money, you should take it! That's what common sense is! So, you say you're going to just hang up now, but I'm going to hang up because you don't have common sense, so you don't deserve it!"

Then, she hung up.

SCAM!!!

Why are people insulting my intelligence?

No comments: