Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Name is Lisa

Okay, so MY name isn't Lisa; it's Trish. I saw this video about a year ago or so, and just now found it again through a link on www.alz.org. It is a video about a thirteen year old young lady who is living with her mother with dementia. It is well worth the six or so minutes it takes to watch. I think that being twenty-six years old and having a parent with dementia is hard; I can't IMAGINE being thirteen and having to see it. It gives a bit to think about, what with the reversal of roles, and the frustration and pain that comes from having a loved one with this horrible disease. Again I will say, it is WELL worth watching.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. kinda puts our insignificant problems into place. i only kinda know what its like dealing with this with my gramma, but i can't even fathom what that would be like. *hugs* to you trish

Trish said...

Hey Jacki, thanks for the hugs. But, no one's problems are insignificant. They're just different. Having ANYONE you love have to go through dementia sucks like mad, so don't sell your own grief short. Hugs to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, Trish. I agree that it is worth watching. I'll continue to pray for you.

Susan said...

When my mom literally went from knowing me one day to not knowing me the next...the worst. I was 41. It doesn't matter how old. It was terrible no matter the age. Thanks for sharing the video.