Friday, August 15, 2008

Catching Up

Because I was in Illinois for the past month and a half (basically), and because my computer with all my favorites was not able to be connected to the Internet, I was not able to read some of the blogs I frequent. Tonight, I was doing the rounds, and I saw a plea from a man who blogs over at http://www.lutheranhusker.blogspot.com. He is walking in his area's Memory Walk to raise money to find a cure for Alzheimer's Disease, and so he is asking for donations to help him meet his goal of raising $2000. He's already at over $1700, which is very laudable. I know that most of the people who read my blog are cash-strapped seminarians, but I thought, what the hey? I could throw the opportunity to support this very worthy cause out there. To donate to Matt's team, go to this page. You can donate online, or print out a donation form, write a check, and send it via snail mail.

Dementia is a horrible, horrible disease, and Alzheimer's is the most common type of dementia. Unfortunately, it is also incredibly destructive. Memory Walks are organized in many communities. If I'da been on the ball, I could have scouted out the possibility of making a team to walk from the Seminary community. Thankfully, there are people who do the walking. Here's to finding a cure in our lifetime!

2 comments:

LutheranHusker said...

Thanks so much for this post...it honestly means the world to me. God bless you, and all the other cash-strapped seminarians out there!!! =)

Tara Ulrich said...

Hey there. This is awesome! When I was at the Mothership, a bunch of us walked for a spouse of a seminarian who has MS. In fact they just graduated this last May. Ill bet if you wanted too next year you could get a team to walk and I totally would support you.